Terms & Conditions
Mark Lohan Fitted Furniture Ltd (MLFFL) gives a 10 year structural guarantee on its Kitchens. This guarantee covers the structural integrity of the carcass of the Kitchen. It does not cover breakages and damage caused in the normal course of usage. Timber is a natural product and colours may vary. Colour should not be taken as an exact given colour. Colour may change over time and this is part of the normal ageing of a Kitchen.
Kitchen Design and Drawings
Computerised drawings of Kitchens are provided as a guide free of charge. We recommend that customers study the drawings carefully before signing this contract. However, it should be understood that drawings of the plans are only a representation of the Kitchen and should not be taken as the actual Kitchens itself.
After Care Service
It is strongly recommended that Kitchens are maintained in accordance with normal maintenance guidelines.
- Kitchens should be washed occasionally with soap and water to eliminate stains and greases.
- Hinges and handles should be kept firmly secured. If they become lose they should be fixed immediately to avoid damage.
- If doors or frames get damaged they should be fixed immediately to avoid the problem escalating into bigger damage problems.
- Kitchens should only be painted with paint supplied or approved by MLFFL. The use of any other paint may damage your kitchen or affect its appearance.
- Kicker boards are prone to damage so care is needed to dry kickers properly after washing floors. Kicker boards can be sealed at a cost of €6 per metre at the time of installation or retrofitted.
All appliances supplied by MLFFL will be fitted into position by our fitters free of charge but not commissioned or connected. For the avoidance of doubt MLFFL only fit appliances into place. MLFFL do not connect the appliances as qualified plumbers/electricians are required to carry out the connections. Appliances can include but not restricted to cookers, hobs, extractors, dish washers, sink, washing machines and drying machines.
MLFFL have no responsibility whatsoever for the workings of the appliances. All enquiries regarding connections and repairs must be made directly to the appliance manufacturer. MLFFL do not undertake appliance repair work of any nature and do not act as intermediary in terms of contacting the appliance manufacturer.
Fitting of appliances is provided free of charge by MLFFL. However appliances must be on site on the day that Kitchen fitting begins in order that fitting can take place. If MLFFL has to go back to site on a separate date to fit appliances supplied by third parties there will be an additional call of charge of €100 plus €40 per appliance. These charges are payable on the day fitting occurs. MLFFL will remove from site all packaging and coverings from appliances supplied by MLFFL.
If shelving underneath sink units are removed by plumbers. MLFFL is not responsible for refitting or any damage that may be caused.
It is the responsibility of the client to have the hole bored for the extractor duct as MLFFL does not carry out this work. Ducting is not supplied free of charge with the extractor fan, it must be purchased separately. Appropriate duct sizes must be ascertained and fit in accordance with extractor specification.
MLFFL recommends that the heating is on for 2 or 3 weeks before the Kitchen is Fitted. Insufficient drying before the Kitchen is installed will cause problems with units swelling and doors sticking. MLFFL is not responsible for any such damage or loss.
Terms of Payment
Our payment terms are divided into three simple instalments which are as follows:
- 1st Instalment: Booking deposit paid on placing order with MLK typically 1000 euro
- 2nd Instalment: 50% payment received 5 working days before order of materials
- 3rd Instalment: MLK balance received 10 working days before delivery