Terms & Conditions
Please take a few minutes to carefully read through the following important information pertaining to our Terms and Conditions (T&C’s).
If you have any questions, your design consultant will be happy to answer them for you.
Mark Lohan Kitchens (MLK) gives a 10 year structural guarantee on its kitchens. This guarantee covers the structural integrity of the carcass of the kitchen. It does not cover breakages and damage caused in the normal course of usage. Timber is a natural product and colours may vary. Colour should not be taken as an exact given colour. Colour may change over time and this is part of the normal ageing of a kitchen.
Kitchen Design and Drawings
Kitchen design appointments are free of charge to clients at the appropriate stage of their build or renovation project.
Following the initial design consultation, clients are invited back for a second consultation, where 3D plans are presented to the client. 3D plans are released to the client on payment of a booking deposit.
Pre build consultation appointments incur a charge, which is fully redeemable against the purchase of a MLK kitchen.
Pre build consultation costs are as follows;
(1) First consultation, a review of house plans with a designer, in respect of kitchen layout, including for example changes to window and/or door placement is charged at €250.
(2) Follow up consultation with the production of 3D plans is charged at €750.
We recommend clients study their drawings carefully before signing their MLK contract. However, it should be understood that drawings of the plans are only a representation of the Kitchen and should not be taken as the actual Kitchens itself.
Terms of Payment
Our payment terms are divided into three simple instalments which are as follows:
- 1st Instalment: Booking deposit of €1,000 paid on placing order with MLK.
- 2nd Instalment: 50% payment received 5 working days before order of materials (after site measurement, design finalisation & sign off).
- 3rd Instalment: MLK balance received 10 working days before delivery.
Finance Options are available via our finance partner humm. To learn more please speak with your designer.
All furniture is made to order and as such payments are non-refundable.
Late payments may result in rescheduling of fit dates.
Please note All Goods Remain the Property of Mark Lohan Kitchens until paid for in full, please refer to our terms of payment as noted above.
Measurement and Finalising of Design
Site Survey & Conditions
- All heating systems, plumbing, cylinders and pipe work must be completed
- before we carry out the final measure.
- Walls must be plastered and concrete floors in before final measure.
- The customer must inform MLK when they are ready for their site survey (final on-site measure). Once MLK is notified a site survey is then scheduled.
- All rooms to be fitted out as part of the project must be ready for final measure at the one time. Return visits for re-measures may incur additional charges.
- Appliance sizes and details must be provided to MLK before final plans are created.
- MLK will revert back to the customer after final on-site measure with final sign off plans. (Final plans cannot be signed off until final measure is complete)
- At this stage MLK will provide the customer with a delivery and fit date. Cabinetry is delivered to site before installation.
Fitting Schedule & Fitting
Lead Times & Fit Date
- An estimated fit date will be provided at time of order by your designer.
- There is an 8 – 10 week lead time to installation from sign off on final plans and payment of costs as per payment terms. Lead times may increase during peak times.
- In-frame kitchens have a 12 – 15 week lead time from sign off on final plans and payment of costs as per payment terms. Lead times may increase during peak times.
- Our office will be in contact with a delivery and fit week dates after sign off on final plans and payment of costs as per payment terms.
- We understand projects incur delays from time to time, where an installation date has to be changed (by the customer), a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is required. The onus is on the customer to inform MLK in due time of any such changes. A new installation date will be set, where possible we will try to accommodate the customers timeframe, however, changes impact our schedules (other customer project timelines) and may be accommodated at the next available date to MLK.
- Fit dates cannot be provided unless all payments are up to date as per our payment terms.
- Where stone worktops are being installed there is a 7-10 working day lead time on the installation of these from the completion of the kitchen.
- We have no control of lead times for worktops sourced by the customer.
- Fitting Conditions
- For new builds heat must be on for a minimum of 4 weeks before delivery of kitchen. Insufficient drying before the kitchen is installed may cause problems with units swelling and/or doors sticking. MLK is not responsible for any such damage or loss.
- The finished floor (Tiles, laminate) must be installed and completed before kitchen is fitted.
- The ESB must be connected and full power on in the property. Temporary power or generators cannot be used.
- All appliances must be on site prior to fitting.
- MLK do not remove any existing cabinets from rooms, this is the responsibility of the customer.
- MLK do not bore holes for extractor fans.
- MLK will take away any waste generated by ourselves during the install.
Appliances provided by MLK
- All appliances will be delivered with the kitchen/utility.
- Appliances supplied by MLK will be fitted into position by our fitters free of charge but not commissioned or connected.
- For the avoidance of doubt MLK only fit appliances into place. MLK do not connect the appliances as qualified plumbers/electricians are required to carry out the connections.
- Appliances can include but not restricted to cookers, hobs, extractors, dish washers, sink, washing machines, and drying machines.
- MLK will take away all packaging and waste associated with the appliances.
- MLK will ensure all cabinets are made to fit the appliances.
- The customer must register their appliances with the manufacturer to activate their warranty.
- MLK have no responsibility whatsoever for the workings of the appliances. All enquiries regarding connections and repairs must be made directly to the appliance manufacturer. MLK do not undertake appliance repair work of any nature and do not act as intermediary in terms of contacting the appliance manufacturer.
- For aftersales service on appliances, customers should contact the product manufacturer directly, contact details will be in the information pack supplied with the appliances.
- MLK will remove from site all packaging and coverings from appliances supplied by MLK.
Our appliance partner is Cunniffe Electric Galway.
Appliances provided by others
- Fitting of appliances sourced by the client is provided free of charge by MLK but not commissioned or connected. For the avoidance of doubt MLK only fit appliances into place. MLK do not connect the appliances as qualified plumbers/electricians are required to carry out the connections.
- All appliances must be on site prior to kitchen/utility installation.
- Any appliances not on site which require a fitter to go back to site on a separate date will incur a call out charge of 100 euro plus 50 euro per appliance charge. These charges are payable on the day fitting occurs.
- It is up to the customer to ensure all appliances are the correct sizes and models as per sign off plans.
- Any remodeling of cabinets to suit appliances where wrong details have been provided will result in an associated charge to the customer.
- Plumbing and Electrical Works
- Once a booking deposit of 1,000 euro is paid, we release the 3D plans of the kitchen/ utility to help your electrician and plumber with location of sockets and pipes.
- Please note these drawings will be based on the initial drawings provided by the customer to the designer. Once we have done our final onsite survey, we will update and re-issue the drawings. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure electrical fittings and pipework are in the correct position and so not obstruct the fitting of units or panels.
- MLK do not undertake any plumbing or electrical works. These works must be
- completed by a fully registered plumber or electrician.
- If any plumbing or electrical works are to be caried out to facilitate installation, these works are to be undertaken prior to installation to avoid any delays with fitting. This is to be organised by the customer not MLK.
- Correct positioning of plumbing and electrical services is solely the responsibility of the home owner. MLK does not take any responsibility for service positions.
- Any installation delays caused by services in incorrect position may result in delays with the fit and additional installation charges.
- If shelving underneath sink units are removed by plumbers. MLK is not responsible for refitting or any damage that may be caused.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to have the hole bored for the extractor duct as MLK does not carry out this work. Please note ducting is not supplied free of charge with the extractor fan, it must be purchased separately. Appropriate duct sizes must be ascertained and fit in accordance with extractor specification.
It is the responsibility of the client to have the hole bored for the extractor duct as MLK does not carry out this work. Ducting is not supplied free of charge with the extractor fan, it must be purchased separately. Appropriate duct sizes must be ascertained and fit in accordance with extractor specification.
Quality – Remedial/Snags
Quality – Remedial/ snags
Upon completion, the customer must meet the fitter on day of completion to check through all works and sign off on the job to ensure customer satisfaction.
We endeavor to resolve any issue(s) identified at completion check and sign off, in a timely manner. However from time to time there may be delays in availability of materials. How quickly the company can produce snag items depends on the type of product, i.e. painted products may take up to 2/3 weeks.
Kitchens should be washed occasionally with soap and water to eliminate stains and greases.
Hinges and handles should be kept firmly secured. If they become loose they should be fixed immediately to avoid damage.
If doors or frames get damaged they should be fixed immediately to avoid the problem escalating into bigger damage problems.
Painted MLK Kitchens, the use of any other paint may damage your kitchen or affect its appearance.
Kicker boards are prone to damage so care is needed to dry kickers properly after washing floors. Kicker boards can be sealed at a cost of €6 per metre at the time of installation or retrofitted.
MLK Guarantee Exclusions
MLK Guarantee does NOT cover the following
- Any damage accidental or deliberate occurring on site after installation and
- specifically excludes damage caused by cleaning practices or application of any chemicals or abrasive substances.
- Any damage to furniture caused by trades other than the MLK fitters.
- Defects in the kitchen/utility including scratches and marks which have not been brought to the attention of the fitter during the completion check and sign off and/or are not reported to the MLK designer within 48 hours of installation.
- Any damages caused by moisture or excessive heat.
- Any product which has not been paid for in full
MLK endeavour to present update and accurate information on our website, for accuracy if in doubt please confirm information with your designer.